The Social Media Specialist position is an unpaid virtual position. We are looking for an experienced and creative Social Media Specialist to join our team. As a Social Media Specialist, you will be responsible for developing and implementing our Social Media strategy in order to increase our online presence and improve our marketing and sales efforts.
Social Media Specialist duties and responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and manage our social media strategy
- Define most important social media KPIs
- Manage and oversee social media content
- Measure the success of every social media campaign
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Use social media marketing tools such as Buffer
- Attend educational conferences
- Work with copywriters and designers to ensure content is informative and appealing
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales and Product Development teams
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network
- Provide constructive feedback
Terms and Conditions
- This position requires a minimum 2-3-month commitment for an average of 2-4 hours per week,
- which will be completed virtually in the Digital Graphic Designer assistant’s own office or home. Position commitment is subject to renew and extension by agreement from both parties.
Social Media Specialist requirements and qualifications:
- 1+ years of experience as a Social Media Specialist or similar role
- Social Media Strategist using social media for brand awareness and impressions
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and other social media best practices
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Experience with doing audience and buyer persona research
- Good understanding of social media KPIs
- Familiarity with web design and publishing
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field
Although this is an unpaid positoin that does not lead to paid employment, students and recent graduates are offered an excellent opportunity to:
- Build resumes and explore career options.
- Apply skills and knowledge to the workplace.
- Fulfill college/university internship requirements.
- Network in their field of interest with professionals who are dedicated to making a positive difference in local government.