Employment Type: Volunteer
The Website Graphic Designer is an unpaid virtual volunteer position. He/she will work collaboratively with the creative team to help develop new modern innovative images for our new website design currently under construction. This role will assist in designing graphics to visually communicate the organization’s new rebranding and re-messaging. Digital collateral will be designed to clearly convey the organizations mission, encourage community engagement and advocacy interaction.
This role directly contributes to the EduX Global vision and mission towards building and re-innovating public schools in the developing countries. With a visual focus on the organization’s advocacy, awareness, and education initiatives to help promote social impact and improve children’s lives.
- Collaborate with our team to develop fresh new visual imagery for our new website.
- Design and produce original creative high-res digital images.
- Use royalty-free images and photography.
- Maintain standards for fonts and colors within the context of the organization brand.
- Circulate creative proofs for approval and maintain an archive of artwork produced.
- Communicate any challenges with timing and deliverables to the design team.
- Other design duties, as assigned.
Skills & Personal Traits
- Experience and/or knowledge in website graphic design and/or related fields.
- Strong understanding of responsive design, strategy, best practices, and implementation.
- Clear command of all aspects of visual design, including typography, composition, color, use of photography, and information organization.
- photography, and information organization.
- Video producing & editing and photography skills not required but would be a plus.
- Excellent communication, organization. and project management skills.
- Ability to maintain the “voice” and reputation of an organization,
- Works well independently & proactively as part of a team, and ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Graduate in Web Design, Graphic Design, Digital Media Design, Fine Art Design, etc.
- Graphic design/digital design education.
- Professional experience in design fields.
- Adobe proficiency: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat.
Terms and Conditions
This position requires a minimum 2-3-month commitment for an average of 2-4 hours per week,
which will be completed virtually in the Digital Graphic Designer assistant’s own office or home. Position commitment is subject to renew and extension by agreement from both parties.
Benefits and Recognition
This position provides valuable experience for graphic design, digital media design, marketing, or fine art design students. Also suited to individuals with an interest in gaining experience in the nonprofit sector or in the aforementioned fields, and anyone dedicated to the positive physical, emotional, and intellectual development of children and youth.