The Web Developer is an unpaid virtual volunteer position. He/she will work collaboratively with the creative team to help develop new modern innovative websites currently under construction. This role will assist in designing graphics to visually communicate the organization’s new rebranding and re-messaging. Digital collateral will be designed to clearly convey the organizations mission, encourage community engagement and advocacy interaction.
This role directly contributes to the EduX Global vision and mission towards building and re-innovating public schools in the developing countries. With a visual focus on the organization’s advocacy, awareness, and education initiatives to help promote social impact and improve children’s lives.
- Web developer responsibilities include building our website from concept all the way to completion from the bottom up, fashioning everything from the home page to site layout and function.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsibile for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent
- Proficient in Photoshop and other graphics tools (Illustrator, Image Ready, etc.)
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen